The Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments (OKI) is now accepting Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) for professional services to identify data sources and metrics to inform a regional housing stock and needs analysis by local jurisdiction, advise and supply an OKI team of in-house website development professionals with recommendations for organizing and maintaining relevant data sources, and design and facilitate an event to inform local jurisdiction planners and decision makers on how to apply the organized datasets to their local housing planning needs. OKI, as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky metropolitan area, will serve as the project manager and contract directly with the selected firm resulting from this RFQ.
If the Proposer is a team, the team must be led by a firm that has the managerial and technical resources to communicate and coordinate directly with OKI and manage the work of the entire team.
This RFQ contains detailed submission guidelines and SOQ specifications.
Submittal: All items requested as part of the RFQ must be completed in their entirety by July 25, 2023, 1 p.m. Failure to do so can result in the submittal being declared unresponsive and will be automatically DISQUALIFIED. OKI must be in receipt of all SOQs by the date identified in Section 2.1.1 at the following address. One (1) original and five (5) copies of the SOQ are required.
Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments
Attn: Finance Department
OKI COMMUNITY HOUSING PLANNING TOOL DEVELOPMENT
AND TOOL DEPLOYMENT EVENT – Statement of Qualifications
720 E. Pete Rose Way, Suite 420; Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The SOQ should be placed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked “OKI COMMUNITY HOUSING PLANNING TOOL DEVELOPMENT AND TOOL DEPLOYMENT EVENT – Statement of Qualifications”. Submissions not marked clearly will not be opened. Submissions received after the deadline will not be evaluated. No exceptions.
Interested firms’ questions and inquiries on the specifications of this SOQ shall be submitted in writing via email to Travis Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions will be accepted until date identified in Section 2.1.1. The responses to all questions will be posted on www.oki.org within three (3) business days of receipt.
1. Is there an advisory committee (or similar body of stakeholders) that will be involved in the development of the Community Housing Planning Tool?
There will not be a formal advisory committee established for this tool. There will be OKI staff members involved including a senior planner, a demographer, and website developer that will work closely with the consultant. OKI has an established Land Use Commission Steering Committee which will be available to provide guidance on this project initiative as it relates to the advancement of the OKI Strategic Regional Policy Plan and will convene as needed.
2. What level and frequency of engagement with local planners and decision makers does OKI envision as part of the development of the Community Housing Planning Tool?
OKI recognizes the need for this engagement and expects it to occur, however, we do not have a determined schedule or frequency established. OKI will accept recommendations from the consultant on appropriate frequency and convene as deemed appropriate.
3. Is the regional event to demonstrate the Community Housing Planning Tool to local decision makers expected to be conducted in-person, or virtually?
The preference is to be in person. However, OKI does have capabilities to conduct hybrid meetings.
4. Will the in-house development team put the housing metrics tool on the existing SRPP website or elsewhere? Has OKI settled on any visualization tools that it would like to use in this effort?
The OKI team will place the tool on the oki.org website, most likely as a separate tool and linked into the Maps and Apps portion of the website. We have not settled on visualization tools for this effort but envision the framework of the tool to be most similar to our My Community’s Water tool, at this point.
5. For the Educational Event Facilitation, will the contractor be responsible for setting up the event, hosting, marketing, inviting and receiving RSVPs? Or is the responsibility primarily be to speak at the event that OKI will organize and manage?
OKI will host and use our contact lists and social media networks to market, invite, and receive RSVPs. In addition to speaking at the event, the contractor will also be relied upon to develop the agenda and facilitate any workshop discussion at the event.
Public Opening of Submittals — RFQ OKI Community Housing Planning Tool Development and Tool Deployment Event Activities
Date: July 25, 2023
Time: 3:00 pm
Meeting ID: 831 9260 0845
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,83192600845# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
• +1 646 931 3860 US
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
• +1 689 278 1000 US
• +1 719 359 4580 US
• +1 253 205 0468 US
• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
• +1 360 209 5623 US
• +1 386 347 5053 US
• +1 507 473 4847 US
• +1 564 217 2000 US
• +1 669 444 9171 US
• +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
• 888 475 4499 US Toll-free
• 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 831 9260 0845
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcAy4KW5ME
Blume Community Partners is the selected firm for the Community Housing Planning Tool Development and Tool Deployment Event Activities.