Reports to: Director of Finance
Professional level position under the administrative direction and general guidance of the Director of Finance and Finance Department. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, diplomacy and confidentiality. Member of the Finance & Accounting Team. The Finance Specialist position is responsible for completing a wide-range of Accounting and Finance functions under moderate supervision.
- Leads the tasks included for Accounts Payable and serves as back-up resource to Accounts Receivable functions.
- AP Data Entry & Check Writing
- Assists in check approvals and signatures
- Mails AP checks
- Copies, tracks, and mails/emails Accounts Receivable invoices
- Makes bank deposits
- Provides administrative support to the Finance team and maintains necessary processes for invoicing:
- Maintains electronic purchase order file, ensuring accurate completion
- Provides appropriate payment options to staff for approved purchases
- Processes and submits all employee reimbursements via ACH for approved purchases
- Maintains electronic miscellaneous invoices file
- Serves as primary contact and leads efforts for accurate and timely submissions into online Attendance time tracking system.
- Applies OKI’s Flex Time Policy guidelines to staff attendance system entries and time off requests
- Ensures online Attendance system time allocations appropriately match submitted expense reports
- Provides education and answers questions for staff members in regards to the online Attendance system
- Follows the process and performs necessary tasks for expense report estimates for staff travel, including travel expense estimate preparations.
- Performs accurate and timely finance reports, which include necessary daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Updates cash sheet daily
- Sets-up cash flow sheet quarterly
- Reports Dept Labor employee census by entering monthly employee count to CES website
- Responsible for coordination of county funding contracts and county funding invoicing.
- Serves as administrative support to Finance Department to include performing a variety of general administrative functions.
- Serves as back-up/secondary support to opening, stamping, delivering, and logging agency mail; including invoices & received checks
- Leads the electronic and paper filing work for Finance & Human Resource documents to include: AP, AR, Cash Receipts, Contracts, employee files, etc.
- Serves as back-up resource to contact vendors related to office equipment problems and/or maintenance needs
- Prints and saves D&E’s to Manager G Drive
- Reconciles agency wide cost of Color and B&W copies
- Re-classes agency vehicle mileage
- Performs all other responsibilities and duties as requested and required by council needs
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive finance and accounting experience in government or relevant private sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Excel.
- Prior knowledge working with accounting and financial software
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
Ability to handle, sort and read large quantities of documents daily required. Ability to hear and to speak, including making presentations. May have to lift up to 30 pounds. Ability to operate a motor vehicle, have a valid driver’s license (or ability to obtain one within one month of employment) and good driving record
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
Work inside the office in a sedentary posture. Minimal travel required. Frequent attendance at internal meetings required. Occasional attendance at meetings with outside agencies, boards, and communities required. Travel outside the OKI region maybe required for professional development.
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com. This is a full time, exempt position. Salary is set at $55,000.