The Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments (OKI) will hold a public workshop at 9:30 a.m. in the OKI Board Room on Thursday, December 7, 2017. OKI staff will review procedures for
The Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments (OKI) will hold a public workshop at 9:30 a.m. in the OKI Board Room on Thursday, December 7, 2017. OKI staff will review procedures for applying for Section 5310 federal funds, including a review of the application, timelines and costs of capital equipment available through the program. All agencies requesting Section 5310 federal funds must be listed in the OKI Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan; a link to this plan and the application is on the OKI website here.
Under the Section 5310 program, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) provides federal funds for activities including the purchase of equipment to support transportation services for the elderly and people with disabilities where existing transportation is unavailable, inappropriate or insufficient. The Federal Transit Administration provides 80% of the cost of capital items; the remaining 20% must be provided by local funding, which may include funding from other federal programs other than U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) programs or from DOT’s Federal lands highway Program.
OKI, as the Designated Recipient of the Section 5310 federal funds in the Cincinnati urbanized area, is responsible for managing the program for agencies located in Butler, Clermont, Hamilton or Warren counties in Southwest Ohio; Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties in Northern Kentucky and Dearborn County in Southeast Indiana.
Private nonprofit (501(c) (3)) corporations, public bodies identified by their state as lead agencies in a coordination project, or public bodies which certify that no private nonprofit corporations exist within their jurisdiction for the provision of elderly and disabled transportation are eligible to apply for Section 5310 federal funds.
In accordance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), if anyone has a disability and requires assistance or, in accordance with the Limited English Proficiency Executive Order, requires translation services, please call Florence Parker at 513-619-7686 or 800-750-0750 (Ohio Relay service) by November 30, 2017.
Parking is available at the Sawyer Point parking lot across the street from OKI at the intersection of Pete Rose Way and Eggleston Avenue. There is a charge for parking at this surface lot.
(Thursday) 9:30 am - 10:30 am
OKI Board Room
720 E. Pete Rose Way, Suite 420 Cincinnati, Ohio 45202